Are you building a bridge between home and school?
Studies consistently show that when families and schools form a strong team, students are more likely to succeed. They learn more and do better in school.
School has been underway for a couple of months, so it’s a good time to think about the relationship you are building with the school. Answer yes or no to the questions below:
- Have you met with your child’s teacher at least once this year?
- Do you talk with your child about school each day and review the information the school sends home?
- Do you monitor schoolwork? If your child struggles with an assignment, do you ask the teacher how you can help at home?
- Do you make sure your child gets to school on time each day?
- Have you reviewed the school handbook together? Do you expect your child to follow all school rules?
How well are you doing?
If most of your answers were yes, you are building a strong school-family team. For each no answer, try that idea from the quiz.
Reprinted with permission from the December 2022 issue of Parents make the difference!® (Elementary School Edition) newsletter. Copyright © 2022 The Parent Institute®, a division of PaperClip Media, Inc.